Welcome to InKing Royalty’s February Blog Hop! Today’s Blog Hop is filled to the brim with projects that celebrate birthdays. The opening line from The Beatles’ “Birthday” song ran through our heads as we joyfully created the birthday-themed creations we share with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I do my best to stick with simple yet interesting cards. I hope this fits the bill. It was simple to do, and the elements I used gave it lots of interest. I created this gorgeous color on the Rose Wonder Stamp with Stampin’ Blends. I used the Memento Tuxedo black to stamp my image. I get great crisp image results with this ink pad, and my colors don’t run.
These alcohol inks can really give quite saturated color, or when used with a Color Lifter Pen, subtle shading as well. I embossed the white on my stamped image after I colored. A bit tricky, but I also used a journaling pen to reinforce a bit of the “shadow”. Plus this helped tie in my black rhinestones for continuity. The teeny tiny bow just adds a little something, I don’t know, but I liked it so I left it there!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop,
There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it! I hope yo get to create something beautiful today!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps