Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes will be inspired by popular songs – the first is “I Think I Love You.” Our Blog Hop today is jam-packed with projects that are perfect for Valentine’s Day or that showcase love. How sweet is that?! We are excited to share our love-themed creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Like a lot of families, we have an aging parent living with us. Every day I see the beauty of the love my husband has for his mother, and when I take the time to think about it, I am amazed. He is so good with her and has such a gentle nature, it’s not hard to see how come he treats me great as well. So while you might think this is a card for him, it’s actually for her. She raised a delightful human being and a very responsible loving man. I am very grateful to her for all the hard work she put in so that I benefit from it. It doesn’t get much better than that! Besides, she is a lovely person. She deserves to have a special Valentine Day Card.
I actually cut the Bloomin’ Heart out first and then embossed it with Gold Embossing Powder. I like the effect of the gold on the black glittery background. “Lovely” is from the Lovely Words die set. I just trimmed the word away from the heart shape and applied it as a stand-alone word. While this is a fairly simple card, all the elements create a very luxurious feel to it. Plus, I happen to know my mother in law likes a touch of gold. So this works for her beautifully.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
I hope you get to create something beautiful today.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Louise Sharp at LouiseSharp.com
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy