Welcome to the Pals September 2018 Blog Hop. The 2018 Holiday Catalog from Stampin’ Up! is out and the Pals are excited! Sit back while we share creations from “Our Favorite Holiday”. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This month’s theme is “Our Favorite Holiday”. To answer that I had to really think about which holiday I would choose. I started by eliminating! I’m not a huge fan of Halloween. While I like giving out candy, and seeing the kids dressed up, I’ve never gone out of my way to participate. Thanksgiving is great, well because it’s Thanksgiving! I’m all about the great food! I love the fall colors, and lots of the fall vegetables, but hands down my favorite season is Christmas!
It does not bother me at all that stores put out Christmas before Thanksgiving is over! Even sometimes before Halloween is entirely finished. I love the colors, lights, smells, deliciousness of the baked goods, the sharing, the gift wrapping, the staying up late to get things finished before the “big man” makes a visit, and everything else! I love sharing in the season, I love the decorating, and I love hearing the grandkids “wish list”! So, while I could go on an on about Christmas, I think I should tell you about my project.
I’m calling this project (you guessed it) Winter Wishes. What a fun project to do. I used the Farmhouse Christmas Bundle found on page 13 of the Holiday Catalog to hopefully show it off best. As soon as I saw this set in the holiday catalog, it was first on my list. The whole thing just evokes a simpler way of life, and an easier period in time.
It really has a nostalgic feel about it. I created this in a shadow box frame, and the photo really doesn’t do it justice. The closeup below shows off the Frosty White Paint found on page 38 in the new Holiday Catalog I used to make the snow, and you can also see better the tiny lights for the windows that are part of this stamp set. So cute!
I used that same Frosty White Paint to help create the asphalt look on my driveway too. I made my “fence” in the back using the Chicken Wire Embellishment on page 43 of the new Holiday Catalog. This embellishment is part of another great set called Country Home.
I created my title using the Layered Letters Alphabet dies. As with several other elements I adhered them using the Stampin’ Dimensionals to give my winter scene additional texture. I love this whole suite and lots of others in the 2018 Holiday Catalog, I hope you find something you love in it too.
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 10, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. October is time for some wicked fun with “Wicked Folds” where the Pals will show you creations that are anything but a standard card fold. Don’t miss the fun.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Terri George at StampMeCrafty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rachael at Shedeed
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts